Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Requisite- My Fatal Attraction


This blog is my first on this site. Im just getting a feel of it; its quite delectable. I think Im going to stick to this site...


I like the look of the font Im using, and as I think more into that very statement, I think of my five senses. When something appeals to one of them, I try to take it in more. Such wonderful taste and smells.

Just the other day at work, I was doing what AppleBee's calls "busting" a table... the smell of the cleaning liquid appealed to my delicate nose. I leaned in closer, as to not seem noticeable, it was a new kind of smell, yet familiar. I went back to my hostess stand and sniffed the cloth again. I mean not to seem preternatural or uncouth, but my adenoids couldn't get enough of the aroma.

When my favorite song plays, I press repeat and listen ten times over. Its just that simple for me. I have a sample of it, I like it, I want it, I have it. Don't you?


To me it is the same, whether Im smelling or eating. If I love the feel of something, should not my body want more of it? My urge to have such a wonderful feel like soft, worn cotton, or my best friend, Tina's comforter. Most people, and Im generalizing when I type this, do not even talk of this subject as in depth as I am now. Indeed they pick at it, a simple "What a wonderful smell," here or a "Yummmm!" there. Yet we should all wonder at times "Don't you also feel the way I do?" Well, Im telling you, if you ask or not, I am also as human as you. I also have obsessions, cravings, and an devilish and ghoulish sweet tooth. Enough to make one quiver in my wake. I eat pounds of chocolate on top of chocolate, candy piles at a time. My dentist visit is quite ubiquitous. While they would tell the child to brush 2-3 times a day, sending him home with a lollipop and a goodie bag, Its natural that Im told to brush 4-5. My name is widely know there and at the doctors office, sniffing where my nose should not be. Making myself sick from becoming dizzy, smelling sharpies and alcohol without knowing the damage of course.

See... it seems uncanny, yet these habits are anticipated. Some cravings just span wider than others. But, isn't that well known?

No comments: