Monday, June 15, 2009

[: James Baldwin the NEGRO CHILD

I really enjoy this writing by James Baldwin.

A Talk to Teachers Oct. 16, 1963 (I believe... I'm not sure of the year.)


But it's very inspiring. Please look into it. Its not just for blacks or people of color. It doesnt have to be applied to just race. Its more of ANY type of stereotyping. You know. I use it for the stereotype of being an avid lover of God. What people call a "Jesus freak" Which I find VERY rude.



And they may say that but I'm not the stereotype they made up... I'm me!

And if they say I am that and are incorrectly judging me... how can I be sure they are WHO they say they are. I cant. So there's some type of issue here. maybe they're describing themselves, trying to place blame.


The best reading in my knowledge of history:
"So where we are now is that a whole country of people believe I’m a _______, and I don’t , and the battle’s on! Because if I am not what I’ve been told I am, then it means that you’re not what you thought you were either! And that is the crisis."

No comments: